Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wasting the moment

Tuesdays are a favorite day of mine because I get to go to my acupuncturist. I always leave with more things to think about than when I walked in. Today she told me that she recently caught herself pondering a difficult time in her life, something that didn't feel good. She stopped herself and said, "That is such a waste of a moment". She allowed herself to focus on a more positive moment in the present.

I love it. "Such a waste of a moment!" Our lives are made of many, many moments...but in the end our human lives are defined by a finite number of moments. We get to choose how to use them. We have a choice...we always have a choice.

In each moment...we choose our thoughts, our activities, our intentions. If we make the choice to focus our attention on the negative, on the bleak, on a rough time in our life, on a life without hope...aren't we just wasting the moment? I don't like wasting anything...I will be more intentional with my thoughts...with my choices...with my moments...Cathy

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love it! A great way of looking at it. It's always a choice, sometimes we just lose sight of that. Today is mine, how will I chose to spend my moments?

Fun times with Barb and Joan said...

Time well spent w one of Eve's daughters! Thanks CB

Eve's Daughters said...

Thanks for the comments...it is nice to know that we are getting read :)